“The workshop showed me another perspective which complements my previous learning. Here the space is open for me to develop in, I’m thankful for this.”– Anna Gabryjelska, Consultant, Leadership and Team Coach
The world is crying out for leaders who have the maturity, wisdom and agility needed to respond to the unique challenges and opportunities of today. Acting and discerning through the lens of shared purpose and aspirations, new ways of being, knowing, and doing, and respecting the developmental nature of the human life are some of the qualities that can meet this need.
The question is how do we grow and develop ourselves and others to meet the needs around us on local and global scales?
Amara Collaboration offers a unique Transformational leadership through Action Inquiry, action logics and the GLP workshop to learn the practice of Action Inquiry and the action logics utilising the Global Leadership Profile (GLP). The workshop is recommended for business leaders, internal and external consultants, coaches and researchers, who wish to deepen their personal leadership and learn about vertical development in leadership. Those who wish to be authorized to use the GLP to debrief others, are invited to continue with the certification process after the workshop (more info about the Certification process below).
During the Transformational leadership through Action Inquiry, action logics and the GLP workshop we will dive into the theory and practice of the GLP and Action Inquiry. The GLP is one of the few profiles associated with a person’s maturity as a leader, predicting their capacity to effect transformational change. Expanding this capacity can also be called vertical development. Action Inquiry is an approach that is statistically reliable generating both personal and organisational transformation. Change and development can be brought about by good governance and leadership but moving to a later stage, skilfully working with others and as part of a system, as well as the way we think and act as individuals, is the capacity that makes a significant difference beyond conventional skills.
“I now know how I’m going to proceed. I know what I need to do, what I prioritise, and what I don’t want to do”.– Kaija Pohjala, Head of International Business, Partner
The programme blends the ‘what, why and how’ of transformational leadership development, including:
- The theory of vertical development in the context of leadership, and deepest appreciation of leaders’ predominant action logics – their implications, qualities and shadows
- The Global Leadership Profile assessment and understanding of your own predominant action logic
- The theory and practice of Collaborative Developmental Action Inquiry (CDAI) and the richness this brings at the personal, team and organisational stages.
- The developmental theory grounded in Scandinavian organisational cases
The workshop experience:
At the workshop you will exercise active listening and leadership. You will move among peers in a community of inquiry, receiving direct feedback about your leadership impact. The group will learn together, discovering practical ways to help yourself and others:
- Master current leadership action-logics
- Become conscious of the shifts possible in individual habits
- Exercise personal power and collaborative practice with greater mutuality
- Build capacity to lead from the inside out using single-, double- and triple-loop feedback
Our venue for August/September 2023 is the beautiful Paasitorni conference center by the sea in Helsinki.
“This workshop really stopped me from everyday’s rush, which then offered me enough space for broader thinking”.– Veli-Matti Savo, Strategy Consultant
The workshop includes:
- Three days of facilitated face-to-face sessions, including a special online guest appearance by Bill Torbert, a co-developer of the GLP.
- Doing the GLP with personal commentary if you haven’t done it before, with feedback on your centre-of-gravity, emergent, and fallback leadership action logics.
- Rich self-study material with access for one year.
- An insight of the work behind the scenes of scoring and profiling the GLP assessment.
- A building of confidence in approaching a significant developmental intervention with a client or in your own organisation.
The workshop fee includes the workshop venue, facilitation, lunch and dinner. Accommodation and transfers are not included in the workshop fee.
To learn more about the GLP and Action Inquiry, this webinar recording is a great place to start!
For those who wish to certify to use and debrief the GLP assessment in their work, we offer an additional certification process online, after the workshop in Helsinki. Amara Collaboration is one of a few organisations worldwide with the right to certify people to use the GLP. Once certified, you will become part of a growing community of practice to support this dimension of the work.
By doing the GLP Certification you will learn:
- How to read and understand an individual’s Sentence Completion Form and the composition of the GLP Report – what is contained in it and how to use it for your client’s benefit.
- Process of ordering, purchasing and managing the GLP assessments.
- Clarity about the purpose and focus for the debrief session.
- How to prepare and conduct a GLP debrief session, including the developmental implications of the profile for the individual.
- How to integrate the GLP for ongoing development with other interventions (such as an ongoing coaching relationship).
If you are interested in the GLP Certification, please contact us at email@example.com