Not the right time zone? You can find the Power of Three European edition here
Spaciousness to tune in, connect &
invent a new future together
When facing difficult situations, it is tempting to narrow our sights and current perspectives at the very time we need to broaden them by developing our capacity for curiosity and openness. The Power of Three brings together groups of three people from five different organisations online. We will explore and guide the navigation through this exceptional time in a holistic way while seizing the opportunity to create a new future where that is invited. It will help you to focus on what’s most important now, let go of what is not and allow for the magic what happens when diverse perspectives and voices are brought together in a maturely facilitated process.
It is for senior people with the ability to take the business and teams into a new norm. It’s for people who believe that now is a uniquely pivotal moment to seize the opportunity for transformation and regeneration. It’s for professionals who see the value in building the resilience of your people and leading your organisation, and its operations, wisely into the future – understanding that this is not a quick fix. You are probably in the senior management team – you may be HR, Operations, C suite, or advisory group/ board member.
This is unlike traditional training programmes in that we use an active, inquiry-based learning approach. Each trio will work in 3-week cycles over 14 weeks, individually, within their trio and in facilitated sessions with the other trios capturing collective wisdom.
- Reading, listening to or watching inspirational material about the theme
- Guided journaling and notetaking for one’s own learning and deepening into the topic
- Trio sessions, with a pre-set agenda and task to be facilitated by one of the trio members or, if you wish, by one of your Amara partners
- An Amara facilitated session with all trios, to collaboratively make meaning of the topics, gain from the diversity of ways of seeing, and brief the next topic
- Support in between from Amara facilitators
After the 14-week process there is a possibility to continue with other cycles. We recommend this especially to those seizing this process to inform and begin a significant new direction in the organisation.
What is the value of investing the time?
- This process will increase the likelihood of your organisation thriving, and being creative in addressing a specific complex issue
- This process will help explore and define how to best to operate on three levels: the individual, the team and the organisation during these times of uncertainty
- You will find your own unique voice of leadership
- You will learn the process of reflecting, inquiring and acting wisely, emergently, when moving towards a new normal in your organisation
- You will receive individual support to understand your own emotions and reactions and learn how to better support others through this time
- You will learn and practice Action Inquiry, the only approach statistically confirmed to generate individual and organisational transformation
- You will learn to facilitate better thinking and action through conversation
The participants should expect to spend about 2-3 hours a week with this process. This time will vary but this includes your online time in conversation plus your own reflection and learning time in trios and individually.
The Power of Three is facilitated by two people with diverse backgrounds: Lisa with local kiwi roots and Heidi from Finland with extensive international background. Both facilitators have worked both as CEOs in organisational settings and as leadership development and transformational consultants. Heidi is one of 5 people globally with the right to certify people to use Action Inquiry and the GLP, a profile assessing individuals’ stage of leadership maturity. She is a Master practitioner in this field of transformation. Lisa has 30 years of experience as a Psychologist in both the UK and NZ.
Some of the questions you may want to explore during this process are:
- Who are we now? Who do we want to be next? What roles and task does that require?
- Who are we attending to and who are we neglecting?
- What world shall we create? What are the old rules that don’t serve anymore?
- What is working now, that we want to keep doing? Where are the openings and the cracks?