This 3-day interactive workshop (plus pre-course debrief) is ideal for business leaders, consultants, coaches, researchers and sustainability practitioners who wish to further their personal development and learn about the power and practice of Collaborative Developmental Action Inquiry—the only approach statistically confirmed as reliably generating both personal and organisational transformation.
All workshop participants take the Global Leadership Profile (GLP) and receive feedback on their centre-of-gravity, emergent and fallback leadership action-logics. Those who wish can become authorised to use and debrief the GLP with their clients.
Offered by Elaine Herdman-Barker and Richard Izard, with Bill Torbert joining us by the virtual network, Action Inquiry is the only programme that comprehensively blends the what, why and how of transformational leadership development, including:
1) the theory of Collaborative Developmental Action Inquiry (CDAI)
2) the assessment of leaders’ predominant action-logics (either using the GLP or in-action diagnoses), and
3) the ongoing practice of Action Inquiry at the personal, team and organisational scales
The Workshop Experience
At our live events, you will benefit from the dynamic conversation and experience from other participants such as HR specialists, Leadership & Development experts and academics who will be together with you for three days. Alongside Elaine and Richard, the wider GLA team including a number of Senior Associates will be on hand to answer any questions and to support your on-going inquiry over the time you are with us. Together you will learn practical ways to help yourself and others:
• Assess current leadership action-logics—the centre-of-gravity, emergent and fallback perspective that guide action and influence results What is the relevant leadership logic for a given context? What potential are we missing when we underplay the fluidity and imperfections in leadership development?
• Become conscious of and shift action/ mental/ emotional habits that are limiting effectiveness
• Exercise personal power with greater flexibility and mutuality to generate personal and organisational transformation
• Develop collaborative practices that increase mindful, relational and cultural intelligence in the wider organisation
• Build capacity to lead from the inside out, confidently responding to the deepest calls of our human nature and of the natural world that holds us